Error When Running Online Backup: Invalid Passphrase: RA or LA 2006
When trying to access Quicken Online Backup, the following error message is displayed:
- Error: LA 2006 password for client installation does not match server
The password stored at the client PC is not matching the password at the online backup servers for your online backup account.
Verify the account password from the Quicken Online Backup Login page, and then run the online backup update utility to update the password login credentials on the client PC.
Verifying the account password:
- Open the login page for the Online Backup service.
- Input the Online Backup Account ID and passsword, and then click the Edit Account Info button.
You should be redirected to a page that includes a Customer Profile button. Selecting this button allows you to update your account information, contact information, password and password hint.
If you receive a message indicating the password entered is not correct, or have forgotten your password, the password hint can be sent to the email address on file for your account.
- From a web browser, go to https://www.backup.com/User/forgotpass.aspx?vendorid=INTQKN
- Enter your account ID and click the Send Hint button.
Using the Update utility to sync passwords at the client and server location:
- Click here to download the Online Backup Password Update Utility 2.0, and select Run
- Select Run a second time at the security warning.
- Enter your Online Backup account ID and password, and then click OK
Note: Windows Vista and Windows 7 users may need to first download the Online Backup Password Update utility to their desktop first. Once downloaded, right click on the program and select Run as Administrator.