Finding a Data File in Quicken
To find a data file in Quicken:
- Select the File menu, then File Operations, and select Find Quicken Files.
- Specify whether you want Quicken to locate all the Quicken data files on this computer, or just a file with a name you enter.
Note: If you do not know the complete name of the data file you want, enter the part of the name that you do remember, and then use a single asterisk to replace the missing characters either before or after the part of the name you enter.
- Click the Look in drop-down arrow and select the location to look for the Quicken data file, for example Local Disk (C:).
- Click the Find button to start the search. Quicken displays the files that meet your search criteria in the Data Files Found window. If Quicken displays the data file you want before the search is complete, you can click Stop to end the search.
- In the Data Files Found window, select the data file you want to open in Quicken.
Note: If you have several Quicken data files with the same name, the creation date may help you identify the file you want to open.
- Click the Open button.