Fix a Downloaded Sell Transaction That Does Not Have a Corresponding Buy
- If Quicken won't let you click Accept in the Downloaded Transactions list:
If you download a Sell transaction that does not have a corresponding Buy in the investment transaction list, Quicken will not let you click Accept for the new Sell transaction.
- Leave this transaction and any following transactions unaccepted for now-you can leave the Downloaded Transactions window open if you prefer.
- If this is a regular Sell, you need to manually enter the corresponding purchase (click Enter Transactions > Buy - Shares Bought and follow the on-screen instructions). If this is a Short Sell, manually record the transaction.
- Return to the Downloaded Transactions list and continue accepting transactions.
- The Sell should be entered appropriately now when you click Accept.
- If you've already clicked Accept All, and now you have a Sell transaction in your transaction list without a related Buy
If you downloaded transactions and clicked Accept All, you may have accidentally accepted a Sell transaction without a corresponding Buy. You can add a Buy now. You can also assign lots to the Sell (recommended).
- Manually enter the corresponding purchase (choose Enter Transactions > Buy - Shares Bought, and follow the on-screen instructions).
- Go back to the Sell transaction. Click in the list to highlight the line containing the Sell.
- Click the Edit button under the transaction and choose Edit transaction.
- In the Sell Shares window, click Specify Lots.
- Select the lots you want to specify.
- Click OK to close the Specify Lots dialog.
- Click Enter to save your changes and close the Sell Shares window.