How to Annualize Quicken Tax Data for Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business
- Click on the Planning tab.
- Within Planning, click on Tax Tools then select Tax Planner.
- On the left side of the page, select the tax form or schedule containing the item you want to annualize.
- Show details, if necessary.
- In the Data Source area, select Quicken Data.
- Select Estimate based on YTD daily average.
Quicken takes the current total for that item, projects it for the rest of the year, and uses the resulting amount in its tax estimates.
Some things to keep in mind:
- If possible, you may want to base your projection on scheduled transactions (the default method) instead. For example, if you track your paycheck using a scheduled transaction, you can select Scheduled Transactions in the Quicken Data area, and the Tax Planner will base its projection on all scheduled instances of that transaction. Note that scheduled transactions are tracked by default, but only if they exist. If you create a scheduled transaction after you have already begun to track your taxes with the Tax Planner, you need to go back into the Tax Planner and specifically select Scheduled Transactions as your data source.
- Quicken supports only two tax years. You cannot annualize data from a year not supported by the Tax Planner.
- Employee stock option data, displayed in Wages and Salaries (Other), is not annualized by Quicken.