How Do I Add a New Security to Your 401(k) Portfolio
Over time, your investing goals and needs may change. Your plan may make additional investment options available to you as well. You may decide to transfer funds between the securities you're currently investing in, or add an entirely new security to your 401(k) holdings.
- Open your 401(k) account.
- Click Account Actions icon, and then choose Update 401(k) Holdings.
- Enter the date of your latest statement (the one that shows the new security), and then click Next until you find the screen labeled Your current 401(k)/403(b) securities.
- Click Add New Security and enter the name of the new security.
- Click OK.
- Enter the information for the new security when prompted.