How do I add a note or follow-up flag to a register transaction
From any Quicken register or transaction list, you can mark a transaction with a flag to indicate a need to follow up on that item. You can also attach an explanatory note to an individual transaction.
- Open the account register that contains the transaction you want to add a note or follow-up flag to.
- Click anywhere in the transaction to select it.
- Choose Edit menu > Transaction > Notes and flags.
- Use the form provided to add a note and/or colored follow-up flag to the transaction.
- Click OK.
- Quicken adds the note or flag icon in the date field of this transaction.
- Move the mouse over the icon to view the text of the note.
- You can assign different colors to flags, but Quicken attaches no inherent meaning by color.
- When the Follow up by option is selected, an alert will be put in the Alerts snapshot in the appropriate tab. The alert first appears on the selected day.
- You can't add a note or follow-up flag in an investment account.