How do I apply credit to a bill
If you've received and recorded credit from a vendor, the next time you pay that vendor you can apply it to the new bill.
- Open the account that you use to track this vendor's transactions.
- Click (the Account Actions icon), and then choose New Payment to Vendor.
- In the Payment to Vendor form, in the Vendor list, select the vendor's name.
- Enter the information about the payment.
- Select the Apply Existing Credits check box. Quicken displays any available credit for this vendor that you can apply to the bill and tracks any remaining credit, which you can apply to the next invoice you issue for this customer.
- What are existing credits?
Existing Credits for a customer consist of any amounts from transactions that resulted in credit to the customer, such as an overpayment or a credit memo.
This feature requires Quicken Home & Business or Rental Property Manager. Learn how you can upgrade Quicken in minutes.