How do I apply a finance charge
Use the Finance Charge form to record the finance charges for late payment in the invoices/receivables register. If you use customer statements to remind your customers about late payments, you can include the finance charges on the printed statement.
1. Open the account that you use to track this customer's payments and invoices.
2. Click (the Account Actions icon), and then choose New Finance Charge.
3. In the Finance Charge dialog, enter the customer name and the project/job.
Quicken displays the list of unpaid invoices, including Due Date and Aging, for this customer.
4. Select a category in the list.
5. Enter a memo about the customer or job. (Optional)
6. Enter a transaction date for the finance charge if necessary; Quicken uses the current date by default.
7. Enter the expected date of payment.
8. Enter the amount of the finance charge.
9. Click OK to record the transaction in the invoices/receivables register.
This feature requires Quicken Home & Business or Rental Property Manager. Learn how you can upgrade Quicken in minutes.