How do I Cancel an Online Payment
You can cancel any single online payment instruction up to its processing date (which is the delivery date minus the lead time). You can also cancel one payment in a series of repeating online payments or all pending and future payments for a repeating online payment instruction.
If you cancel a single repeating online payment that you've designated as a loan payment, Quicken adjusts your loan calculations to show that you didn't make the payment.
If you receive an error message while attempting to cancel a payment, troubleshooting information is available.
1. Choose Tools menu > Online Center. (Do it for me)
2. Select the financial institution from which the payment is drawn.
3. Select the account from which the payment is drawn.
4. On the Payments tab, in the payment status list, select the payment you want to cancel.
- Which payments are included in the status list?
The payment appears in the status list only if the date is within 30 days before the delivery date and you've gone online recently to retrieve the payment instruction.
5. To cancel either a one-time payment, or just one payment from a repeating payment series, click Cancel Payment.
- What happens now?
Quicken determines whether there is time to cancel the payment based on the lead time.
• If there is time to cancel the payment instruction, Quicken changes the payment status to Cancel. You must then click Update/Send to send the cancel instruction.
• If it's too late to cancel the payment instruction, you see a message. If you want to stop the payment, you should call your financial institution.
- To cancel an entire repeating payment series
1. Choose Tools menu > Manage Bill & Income Reminders.
2. On the Repeating Online tab, select the payment series you want to delete.
3. Click Delete, and then click Delete again to confirm.
4. Update your account.