How do I create multiple tax scenarios in Quicken
Use the scenarios to test different circumstances that might affect your tax situation; for example, if you buy a new house or sell some investments, what effect would the action have on your taxes? You can also develop scenarios using data that's more concrete; for example, you've been told you're going to get a bonus, and you want to know how it will affect your taxes.
- Click the Planning tab.
- Click the Tax Center button.
- Click Show Tax Planner.
- In the list on the left, click Scenario.
- In the Tax Planner Options page, in the Scenarios field, select the scenario you want to use.
- If the alternate scenario you select is blank and your current scenario contains information, Quicken asks if you want to copy the current scenario.
Click Yes if you want to copy all the information in your current scenario to the alternate scenario.
- Click Next.
- Enter new information, and make the appropriate changes to the alternate scenario. Click Next to move through the pages.
- Tell me more
You can create up to three scenarios. You can switch between scenarios and make changes at any time.
- Tell me more
- On the toolbar, you can do several things: (Optional)
- Click Compare to compare the scenarios, and then click OK when you've finished viewing the comparison.
- Click Print to print your tax data for the selected scenario.
- Click Reset to reset the current projected values scenario back to your Quicken tax data, or to reset scenarios 1 through 3 to change all scenario values back to zero.
- The Tax Planner provides four scenarios: Projected Values, Scenario 1, Scenario 2, and Scenario 3. You can copy information from one scenario to another so you don't have to enter information more than once. The data in the Projected Values scenario is your tax-related Quicken or TurboTax data.
- Details aren't available for Scenarios 1 through 3.