How do I enter an employee stock option grant (ESOG)
Employee stock options require that you track both the exercise price (the price at which you buy) and the actual market value of the security. You enter the exercise price when you set up your employee stock option grant. When you exercise your options, Quicken asks you for the market value and calculates your gain.
- Open the account you want to use.
- Click Enter Transactions.
- In the Enter Transaction list, select Grant Employee Stock Option.
- Click Launch Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you're setting up a grant with an irregular vesting schedule, additional information is available.
- Your options will not appear in the Portfolio until they have vested. Once the first vesting date is reached, you should see the option in the Portfolio, and the Shares column will show the number of vested shares available. To get a preview, change the Portfolio's As Of date.