How do I export tax data to TurboTax Online
You can use the same user ID and password you created when you registered for Quicken.com or Quicken Loans. If need a user ID and password, TurboTax will guide you through the creation process.
1. Make sure all of your tax-related transactions are complete.
- How do I check this?
Run a Tax Schedule report to make sure that all your tax-related transactions use valid categories that are linked to the correct tax line items. Modify every incomplete transaction in the report. If you have purchased Quicken Home & Business, you can also modify unspecified business expense and income transactions on the Profit /Loss page on the Business tab.
2. Click the Planning tab.
3. Choose Tax Tools > TurboTax > File your taxes with TurboTax.
- Follow the TurboTax Online instructions to import your Quicken data and complete your tax return. If you need to import more than one Quicken file into TurboTax Online, complete the import of one file, close the browser, open the next data file you need to import, and then go to TurboTax Online again.
- If you use TurboTax Online, you don't need to export the data yourself. TurboTax imports each piece of data separately at the appropriate time during the process.
- TurboTax Online for the tax year 2013 will be available in January 2014.