How do I get started using the Quicken Mobile App?
! If you are currently experiencing issues with Quicken 2013 and Quicken mobile, please visit our Hot Topics on known and resolved issues.
Keeping track of your money super easy with Quicken on your mobile device (iPhone, iPad, or Android phone or tablet). Whether you’re at home or on-the-go, you’ll know where you're spending your money, how much you have left, and how it all compares to your budget. You can also choose to receive various alerts and notifications regarding your account balances, fees, and spending patterns. All of which are completely customizable, of course!
- Sync and use your Quicken desktop data on your mobile device
- Enter or download transactions on your mobile device and see them on your desktop
- Create a budget on your desktop and check it on your mobile device
- Sync your data with multiple mobile devices
- Review your spending wherever you are
- And more!
There are three simple steps to you started
First, set up your Quicken desktop software
- Create a Quicken ID.
- Select the accounts you want to sync.
- Customize your email and alert preferences.
- In your Quicken desktop software, select the Mobile & Alerts tab.
- Create a Quicken ID by entering your email address, a password, and your home zip code. The ID you create will be different than the one you use to sign into Quicken.com.
- Click Next when you're finished.
- Select the accounts you want to sync with your mobile device(s). Only spending accounts -- checking, savings, cash, and credit card -- can be synced with your mobile device. Investing account balances and transactions can't be synced at this time.
- Enter the password for each account.
- Once the passwords are filled in, then click Next.
- Customize your email and alert preferences.
- Click Sync Now.
Your Quicken ID authenticates and protects your personal information and settings. It also identifies with which mobile devices you want to sync. When you download and install the Quicken app on your mobile device, enter the same Quicken ID you create here to establish the "sync link" between the desktop data file and the mobile device.
Your account passwords may already be filled in (masked with asterisks), or not filled in at all. If you use the Password Vault to manage your passwords, click Fill from Password Vault; otherwise, enter the current password for each account, as necessary.
Accounts that aren't connected (enabled for transaction download) display the word manual in the Password column. You do not need to enter a password for these manual (not connected) accounts.
Choose how you'd like to receive (or not receive) various notifications related to your synced accounts.
If you have new accounts, transactions, or budget data in your Quicken desktop software, the data will be transferred to any mobile device with which it shares the same Quicken ID; if you have new accounts or transactions in those same mobile devices, that data will now appear in your Quicken desktop software.
If this is the first time you've synced this data file, and if there is existing data on your mobile device(s) that share the same Quicken ID, the Quicken desktop software will ask you how you want to handle the situation: replace the data on mobile device with the data in your desktop software, or create a new desktop software data file that contains the data in your mobile devices. You can also choose to do nothing if you want. The bottom line is that under no circumstance will you lose any of your existing Quicken desktop software data when you sync.
Next, get the Quicken app for your mobile device
Quicken for your mobile device is available from the Apple App Store, iTunes, Google Play, or the Amazon Appstore.
Click below to get the Quicken app for:
Finally, sync your Quicken desktop and mobile device
When you sync, you transfer your Quicken desktop data to and from your mobile devices.
Data moves in both directions—between your desktop and mobile device. Anywhere you have new data, Quicken figures out which device needs that data, and moves it where it needs to be. This includes additions and changes to the accounts you choose to sync, the transactions you download or enter manually, and the budget in your desktop software.
At the end of a sync everything will match: transactions, balances, and budget results, regardless of where you choose to view your data.
There is no need to sync one mobile device with another mobile device—only your Quicken desktop software needs to be synced with your mobile device(s).
- Within your desktop software, click the Mobile & Alerts tab.
- If necessary, click the Quicken for Mobile button.
- Enter your Quicken ID email and password, then click Login.
- Quicken displays a status message and syncs your desktop and mobile data.
- Alternatively, if you use One Step Update, you can sync your desktop and mobile data as part of the update process.
Here's a tip
Make it a habit to sync your desktop and mobile devices just before exiting the Quicken desktop software. Doing so will ensure that you have the very latest data on your mobile devices.
Need more help? Check out our frequently asked questions.