How do I handle multiple copies of the same tax form
What if you have two rental properties and need to file two Schedule E forms? You'll want to keep the transaction information for each property separate when you prepare tax reports or export data to tax preparation software. To do so, set up and use tags and copy numbers so that Quicken knows you're tracking multiple copies of the same form.
Once you've set up the tags and assigned appropriate copy numbers, use the tags with all relevant transactions in your registers.
- Choose Tools menu > Tag List.
- Click New.
- In the Name field, enter a name, for example, Apartment 1.
- In the Description field, enter a description. (Optional)
- In the Copy Number field, enter a copy number, for example, 1.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 to create another new tag for your second property--for example, Apartment 2, Copy 2.
- Use the tags with all relevant transactions in your registers.
If you own more than one business, you need to fill out a Schedule C form for each one. Quicken Home & Business includes an additional business tag feature to help you track the taxes for each business.