How do I issue a customer credit
Use a credit form to record returned items or canceled orders for which you've already sent an invoice and received a payment.
1. Open the account that you use to track this customer's payments and invoices.
2. Click (the Account Actions icon), and then choose New Credit.
3. In the Credit form, fill out the Customer information area at the top of the form, including customer name, project/job, and business tag.
4. Fill out the item information for the charge that is being credited.
5. If you want to preview the credit form, click Print. Then click Preview.
- What if I want to change the form?
You can close the preview, return to the form, and then make changes if necessary.
6. If you want to print the Credit form, click Print. Then click Enter.
7. At this point, you can either e-mail the credit to your customer, or mail it. (Optional)
8. Click Enter to record the transaction. Quicken enters the credit in the invoices/receivables register.
- Tell me more
When you create a new estimate, invoice, or credit, Quicken displays the last layout you used for that transaction type. If you want to use a different layout, select the one you want from the Layout list. Use the Forms Designer to customize your business forms.
You can create and customize a credit form just as you do an invoice.
This feature requires Quicken Home & Business or Rental Property Manager. Learn how you can upgrade Quicken in minutes.