How Do I Record a Corporate Acquisition (Stock-For-Stock)?
A corporate acquisition can involve stock swaps. Use the Corporate Acquisition dialog to update your Quicken information when a security you track is affected by a corporate acquisition.
1. Open the account you want to use.
2. Click Enter Transactions.
3. In the Enter Transaction list, select Corporate Acquisition (stock for stock).
4. Use this dialog to change the security name and price information when a corporation acquires another corporation or entity you currently own and track in Quicken.
- Company acquired
Select the name of the security as it is currently identified in your Quicken transaction list.
- Acquiring company
Enter the name of the parent company that is buying the other.
- New shares issued
Enter the number of new shares of the parent company that are being issued for every share of the acquired company.
- Price per share for acquiring company
Enter the share price of the parent company after the acquisition.
For example, "Corporate stock-for-stock acquisition on (date)."
5. Click Enter/New to enter another transaction, or Enter/Done to finish.
Watch for these related changes: