How do I redeem shares for IRA custodial fees?
In a mutual fund account set up as an IRA or other retirement account, the fund custodian may redeem shares as a custodial fee.
1. Open the account you want to use.
2. Click Enter Transactions.
3. In the Enter Transaction list, choose Sell - Shares Sold.
4. Enter the share price and the total amount, so that Quicken calculates the number of shares.
5. Enter the same dollar amount of the fee in Commission/Fee field to make the net amount of the transaction zero.
Recording a transaction in Quicken does not execute a real-world trade, transfer, or other transaction. Contact your broker to execute trades or transfers, and then manually record the transactions in Quickenâ€”better yet, download them directly from your participating financial institution.