How do I Register Quicken for Windows?
Learn how to register your Quicken for Windows software.
If you own Quicken 2014 for Windows or later
Beginning with Quicken 2014, Quicken will rely on the Intuit ID for maintaining product registration in addition to managing your product purchases, online portfolio and/or mobile sync account. If you purchased any Intuit product (Quicken, Quicken Essentials Mac, Turbo Tax, QuickBooks, etc.) in the past, or have logged into the Quicken Community online, you most likely already have an Intuit ID.
You can use this Intuit ID when registering your Quicken program by selecting the option "I already have an Intuit ID".
If you are new to Intuit products/services, you choose to Create an Intuit ID.
For more information on the Intuit ID, please see What Is The Intuit ID.
If you own Quicken 2013 for Windows or older
- Choose Help menu > Register Quicken (this menu item does not appear if you have already registered your Quicken software). Quicken opens the Register Quicken window and connects to the Internet.
- Enter your name and address.
- Answer some general questions about Quicken and the kinds of financial tasks you plan on doing. (Optional)
- Click Register.
- Select the appropriate option:
- If you are registered with Quicken.com, enter your Quicken.com Member ID and password, and then click Sign In.
- If you have accounts set up in Quicken, you can export information to your Quicken.com account. Select the accounts you want to export, and click Export Now.
- If you are not registered with Quicken.com and would like to do so, click Continue, enter the information Quicken requests, and click Submit.
- If you do not have a Quicken.com account and do not want to set one up at this time, click Skip Quicken.com registration, and then click Finished.
- What if I don't want to register my software?You have the choice to not register your Quicken program. Keep in mind if you do not register, you will not be able to synchronize your Quicken data with Quicken.com.
- Hold down the CTRL + SHIFT keys.
- Click on the Tools menu, then select One Step Update.
- Click OK. You will no longer be prompted for registration.