How do I set up a loan in Quicken 2007 for Mac?
When you set up a loan, you enter information about your loan and the lender (or the borrower, if you are the lender). Then Quicken creates both a special loan payment and a principal account for you based on this information.
- Choose Lists > Loans.
- Click New.
- Answer each of the questions as it applies to your loan.
- If you're setting up a loan for which you've already made payments, choose if you would like to set it up from the day the loan started or from the next scheduled payment.
- Enter the name of the lender (or the borrower, if you're the lender).
- Enter the remainder of the Loan Info section of the Set Up Loan window.
- Select the appropriate payment options.
- Click Create.