How do I turn off sales tax tracking
If you work only with tax-exempt charities or non-profit organizations, or your area has no sales tax, you can turn off sales tax tracking. You need to do this in two places: first delete the column from the invoice or estimate layout, then delete the sales tax account.
Remove the Sales Tax column from the invoice
1. Open the Form Designer (Click the Business tab, then click the Business Actions button and choose Invoices and Estimates > Design Invoice Forms.
2. Click Layout and choose the invoice form you want to edit.
3. Select the Sales Tax check box to remove the check mark. Close the Design Invoice Form window.
Delete the sales tax account from your Account list
1. Choose Tools menu > Account List.
2. Select the sales tax account you want to delete in the list.
3. Click Delete to remove the account.
This feature requires Quicken Home & Business or Rental Property Manager. Learn how you can upgrade Quicken in minutes.