How do I Update a Currency Exchange Rate?
48 people found this helpful
If you use Quicken to track accounts in banks located in more than one country, or if you have foreign investment accounts, Quicken can track each account in the currency you specify.
- If you haven't already done so, set up Quicken to use multiple currencies in your preferences. This will assign your default currency to all your accounts and investments (this can take a few minutes, but usually just takes a second or two). You'll see the symbol for your default currency has been added to monetary amounts in your register, the Portfolio View window, and elsewhere. Your default currency Quicken uses is the same one your computer's operating system uses.
- Click on the Edit menu, then select Preferences....
- Choose Calendar and Currency on the left. You'll want to make sure there is a checkmark next to Multicurrency support.
- Press OK.
- From the Quicken Tools menu, choose Currency List.
- In the Currency List window, select Update in the lower-right corner.
- Click Done when the update is complete.