How do I use the Business tab
Use the Business tab to manage income and expenses for your business. You can create customer estimates, invoices, and statements; track accounts receivable; enter customer payments; and track accounts payable. If you have more than one business, Quicken can track the income and expenses for each.
Important: To get the most out of the Business tab, you need to add your business to Quicken
Get started with the Business tab
- Use the Profit/Loss page to gauge profitability
The Profit/Loss page displays your income, expenses, and net profit or loss for your business.
Learn more about tracking business profit and loss
- Use the Cash Flow page to track spendingThe Cash Flow page helps you track and manage short-term income and spending for your business. By providing a quick overview of the business spending accounts where you manage your regular deposits and expenses, Quicken can help you determine if you have enough money to cover your expenses.
Learn more about tracking business cash flow
- Use the Account Overview page to view account balances
1. Click the Business tab.
2. Click the Account Overview button
The following snapshots can appear on the Account Overview page, depending on the accounts you've created, and the unpaid invoices that exist. Each account is displayed with its ending balance.
- Unpaid Vendor Invoices. This snapshot includes invoices that you've not paid yet.
- Unpaid Customer Invoices. This snapshot includes invoices that you've not received payment for yet.
- Invoice Accounts. This snapshot includes the following types of business accounts:
- Accounts Receivable (Invoices)
- Accounts Payable (Bills)
- Business Spending and Savings Accounts. This snapshot includes the following types of business accounts:
- Business Credit Card Accounts. This snapshot includes business credit card accounts only.
- Business Property and Debt Accounts. This snapshot includes the following types of business accounts:
- Credit Card
- Loans (except lines of credit—use a Credit Card account type to track a line of credit)
For more information, see:
This feature requires Quicken Home & Business or Rental Property Manager. Learn how you can upgrade Quicken in minutes.