How do I view Morningstar ratings for funds I'm tracking?
How are the funds in your portfolio doing relative to others in their category? The Mutual Fund ratings from Morningstar snapshot contains an at-a-glance summary of category, rank, rating, risk, and return information. Links to Quicken.com allow you to quickly compare a specific fund with other, similar funds.
- Click the Investing tab.
- If necessary, click the Allocations button at the top of the page.
- Scroll until you see the Mutual Fund Ratings from Morningstar snapshot.
- The list is subtotaled by funds you own (Funds in selected accounts) and funds in your Watch List. Filter the list by using the Show Accounts and Choose Securities options at the top of the window.
- To find and research other mutual funds, click Find Top Funds and follow the on-screen instructions (internet access required).
- A five-star rating is Morningstar's top rating.
Morningstar is one of the leading mutual fund rating services. A five-star rating is Morningstar's top rating. Morningstar's rating has two distinct parts: a risk-assessment measure and a load-adjusted performance (return) measure. Morningstar calculates each rating for three time periods: three, five, and ten years. (A fund must have at least a three-year track record before Morningstar will rate it; longer periods are calculated when available).