How do I work with the Project/Job List
Quicken tracks your projects/jobs in the Project/Job List, which provides a quick and convenient overview of all your current project/jobs and the individual invoices, estimates, bills, and so on that make up each project/job. In addition, the Project/Job List can help you get an idea of how your business stands at any particular time. The final value in the Total column is the total of all job-related accounts receivable that are still due, minus all job-related expenses that are still due-in other words, the total amount of unpaid invoices, minus unpaid bills.
You can work with the Project/Job List in various ways-you can sort the list by customer, or by projects/jobs, or by all projects/jobs with a particular status, and more. You can also open business forms for editing from the Project/Job list; just double-click the form in the list.
- Click the Business tab.
- Click the Business Tools and choose Project/Job List.
- Select the appropriate option:
- Create, edit, or delete a project/job in the list
- To create a new project/job, click New.
- To change a project/job, select it in the list, and then click Edit.
- To delete a project/job, select it in the list, and then click Delete.
- Open a form in the list
Double-click the name of the form you want to open (for example, Estimate 1954).
- Reassign a form to another project/job
Double-click the name of the form (for example, Invoice 1963) to display it and select a new project/job in the Project/Job list.
- Show only the projects/jobs for a specific customer
In the upper-left corner, in the Customer field, select the name of the customer you'd like to view projects/jobs for.
- Show only the projects/jobs for a specific account
In Select account list, select the name of the account you want to see projects/jobs for.
- Change what you view in the Project/Job List
Click Options and select what you'd like to view. You can view the entire list or you can hide projects/jobs with a particular status.
- Change the order of the projects/jobs in the list
Click a column heading to sort by that column.The bold column heading indicates the current sort. Click the same column heading again to reverse the sort order.
- Print from the Project/Job List
Click Print to print the Project/Job List.
- Delete a project/Job
Select the project/job you want to delete and click Delete. (You'll need to click OK to confirm the deletion.)
When you delete a project/job Quicken doesn't delete the forms associated with it. However, you can always delete the form from the register as a separate procedure.
This feature requires Quicken Home & Business or Rental Property Manager. Learn how you can upgrade Quicken in minutes.