How To Fund My Investment Account
- In the Account Bar list, select the account you want to use.
- Click Enter Transactions.
- From the Enter Transactions list, choose Cash Transferred into Account.
- Use this dialog to record a transfer of money into this investment account.
- Transferring cash into your investment account establishes a cash balance which can then be used to buy stocks, mutual funds, and other securities.
Recording a transaction in Quicken does not execute a real-world trade, transfer, or other transaction. Contact your broker to execute trades or transfers, and then manually record the transactions in Quicken-better yet, download them directly from your participating financial institution.