How To Review and Accept Updated Online Payments and Transfers
When downloaded payment transactions match the payment instructions you entered in your register when you created the payment, you won't see a Downloaded Transactions list or be asked to compare and accept the downloaded information into your register. This is because the register information is already up to date. When there is a difference between the downloaded information and the original payment instruction, the matching process for online payments and transfers is similar to the one for other types of downloaded transactions.
There may be times when you requested that a payment be processed on a certain date, but it was processed slightly earlier because the requested date did not fall on a business day for your bill pay service provider. During compare to register, Quicken gives you the option to update your register to reflect the actual processing date. Note that to avoid penalties, funds must be available on the day the payment is actually processed.
- Open the account you want to work with.
- Below the register, make sure that the Downloaded Transactions tab is selected.
- In the Downloaded Transactions window, select each transaction.
- If there is a corresponding transaction in the account register, compare it with the downloaded version.
- Use the Accept, Match, and Ignore buttons that appear below the selected downloaded transactions to accept or modify them as necessary.
- For transactions marked New
- An example of a new transaction would be a payment instruction that you entered directly on your bill pay service provider's Web site but did not record in Quicken.
- If the transaction should be matched to a transaction in your Quicken register, click Match. Quicken opens a window where you can select one or more transactions to be matched.
- You can edit the transaction in the register (for example, to add a category or memo). (Optional)
- For transactions marked UpdatedFor transactions marked Updated, click Accept. Quicken updates the transaction information in your register.
- For transactions marked Canceled, Failed, or No FundsFor transactions marked Canceled, Failed, or No Funds, click Accept. Quicken voids the transaction in your register.
- For transactions marked New
- Can I accept all my transactions with one click?If everything appears correct in your downloaded transactions list, you can click Accept All to accept all transactions into your Quicken register.
- Why would I use the Ignore button?Sometimes you may update payment or transfer transactions that are outside the scope of your register (for example, you might be working in a new Quicken data file). In this case, click Ignore to delete the transactions. This does not affect current or future transactions. Note that you cannot undo this step later.
- Can I undo accepting payment and transfer transactions?No; there is no undo available for this action.
- What about accepting other types of transactions?
- What if Quicken asks me to choose a transaction source?Transactions may be updated from many sources including Pocket Quicken, WebEntry, online payments, and your financial institution (downloaded transactions, balances, and transfers). If you are comparing and accepting transactions from more than one source, Quicken displays source links on the Downloaded Transactions tab. Click the source you want to work with (payments and transfers must always be handled first).
- Can I remove transactions from the list as I accept them?Click the Hide Accepted button to remove transactions from downloaded transactions list as they are accepted into your register. This helps with readability. After clicking the button, its name changes to Show Accepted, which you can click again to restore the transactions to the list, if necessary.
- Why can't I find the Downloaded Transactions tab?The Downloaded Transactions tab normally appears just below your Quicken register. If you don't see it, click here for more information.