How To Transfer Cash Into or Out of An Investment Account
- In the Account Bar list, select the account you want to use.
- Click Enter Transactions.
- In the Enter transaction list, choose Cash Transferred into Account or Cash Transferred out of Account.
- Use these dialogs to record transfers of money into or out of this investment account.
- Transfer accountIf this money is not actually being transferred from another Quicken account, simply select the same account the money is being transferred into. This will create a transfer from within the same account, but it will correctly add to, or subtract from, your account's cash balance.
- Tax Year (for IRA accounts)Use this field to assign IRA contributions to their correct tax year. For information about yearly limits on contributions, see the Quicken.com Retirement Planner (Internet access required).
- Transfer account
- Click Enter/New to enter another transaction, or Enter/Done to finish.
Recording a transaction in Quicken does not execute a real-world trade, transfer, or other transaction. Contact your broker to execute trades or transfers, and then manually record the transactions in Quicken-better yet, download them directly from your participating financial institution.