How To Use Categories With Tax-related Transactions
- If you are creating a tax schedule or capital gains reports, make sure you have set up Quicken to use tax schedules with categories.
- Open the Category List by clicking on Tools on the top menu bar and selecting it.
- Click the Options drop-down menu, then select Show Tax and Tax Line Item to show this column.
- Select the category or subcategory that you want to be tax related.
- If you will be creating tax summary reports, highlight the category then choose Edit to the right.
- If you will be creating tax schedule reports, use the Tax Line Item drop-down to select the appropriate tax schedule line item for that category.