How to View the Payment Schedule
- Choose Property & Debt menu > Loans.Quicken displays the View Loans dialog.
- Click Choose Loan and select a loan.
- Click the Payment Schedule tab.
The Principal column tells you how much of each payment goes toward the loan principal, and the Interest column tells you how much goes toward the loan interest. Each time you record an amortized loan payment Quicken updates the payment schedule to show your new balance. Payments you've already made and future payments are shown in different colors.
- Select the Show Running Totals check box to see how much principal and interest you've paid to date.
For tax purposes, you can create an itemized category report to see how much interest you've paid on the loan since the beginning of the year.
- Why is the schedule wrong after I deleted a loan transaction?
Deleting a loan transaction from the register does not automatically reset the loan schedule.
If you delete a loan transaction from the register, you must reset the schedule. In the View Loans window, click Edit Payment and enter the next payment date.
- Why doesn't the amortization in Quicken's loan schedule match my bank's amortization?
Your loan provider may calculate amortization to either more or fewer decimal places than Quicken does.
If this is the case, the difference is usually very small.