HTTP 504 Error During Mobile Sync
Some Quicken users may encounter an HTTP 504 error during Mobile Sync in their desktop Quicken file. Below are the steps to take when encountering this error. However, this is a complex process and should you require any assistance, you can Contact Support.
To resolve this issue:
- Click Tools > One Step Update. Make sure the Sync to Quicken Cloud box is not checked.
- Click Update Now. If the update completes with no errors, proceed to step 3 below. (If you encounter errors during One Step Update, you’ll need to resolve these errors before you continue with the steps below. Skip to the next section, “If you receive errors after step 2.”)
- Click Tools > Add Account > Cash Account. Give the account a unique name and click Next.
- Choose today's date to start tracking, enter a $0 balance, select Next
- Confirm the "Sync to Quicken Cloud" box is not checked and click Finish.
- Go to the "Mobile & Alerts" tab and click "edit account setting"
- At the bottom of the window, select None to deselect all accounts
- In the list of accounts, check the box next to the cash account you just created, and click Update Accounts.
Note: if you receive an error with only the new cash account selected, close Quicken and attempt to sync later in the day.
- When the update process is complete, click "edit account setting" again.
- Check a box next to another account, and click Update Accounts.
- If the update process completes again, repeat steps 9 and 10 for each of your accounts in the Edit Account Settings section.
Note: if you receive an error CC-508 during this process, go to a browser window, sign in to your financial institution's website, and open the internal message center. There will be a code or message with instructions on how to authorize your bank account to connect to the Quicken Mobile App. After you complete this authorization, return to step 9.
- Click "edit account setting" and uncheck the new cash account you created, then click the Update Accounts button.
- Click Tools > One Step Update. Make sure the Sync to Quicken Cloud box is checked.
- Click Update Now.
- Open the Quicken Mobile App and log in using your Intuit ID and password. Your accounts should now all be synced to your mobile device.
If you receive errors after step 2:
If you receive an error message during One Step Update with mobile sync unchecked, you’ll need to resolve these errors before completing the steps above.
- Go to Tools > One Step Update Summary.
- At the top of the One Step Update Summary window, in red, you’ll see the error(s) you received. Click Learn More next to these errors for steps to resolve.
- If there are not instructions to resolve the error, try searching for the error here in the knowledgebase. Search for the error code (such as CC-501 or OL-292) for best results.
- After the error is resolved, return to the troubleshooting steps at the top of this FAQ