Late Fees for a Quicken Bill Pay Payment Scheduled on Time
When you make bill payments, the payee may not always credit your account immediately after receiving a bill payment. If the payment is not credited in a reasonable amount of time, take the following steps to resolve the issue.
- Wait five days after the scheduled payment date to see if the payee credits the payment to your account.
- If the payment is not applied to your account, call the payee's customer service department to see if they received the payment and credited your account.
- When you call, gather the following information from the payee:
- Name of the person who assisted you with your payment question
- Phone number you called to contact the payee
- Date you called the payee to inquire about your payment
- Amount of any late fees
- If you have been charged a late fee but scheduled your payment on time, ask the payee if they will waive any late fees or finance charges.
- If the payment is not credited to your account or if the payee will not waive late fees, you can contact Quicken Bill Pay customer service to verify that the payment was issued.
Initiating a payment inquiry using the Quicken software
- Start Quicken, and choose Online menu > Quicken Bill Pay > Pay Bills in Quicken.
- Click the E-mail tab, and click Create.
- Select E-mail about an online payment. Select the account the payment was drawn from, and then select the specific payment you need information about.
- Click OK.
- Type the details of your question, including the information you gathered from your payee as listed above, and click OK.
- In the Online Center , click Update/Send to send your e-mail to Quicken Bill Pay. You will be contacted by our Customer Service Center regarding your payment.
Initiating a payment inquiry through the Quicken Bill Pay Web site
- Log on to the Quicken Bill Pay Web site with your user ID and password.
- Click the Messages tab, and click the send a new message? link.
- Complete the Contact Client Services form. Be sure to include the information you gathered from your payee as listed above.
- Click Send Message. You will be contacted by our Customer Service Center regarding your payment.