Message: Oops, Were having a problem. Quicken can not communicate with the Quicken online service.
When attempting to add a new account in Quicken Essentials for Mac, you may receive the following message:
Oops, Were having a problem. Quicken can not communicate with the Quicken online service.
An issue with the data file prevents the creation of new accounts in your data file. You will need to export your financial data and create a new data file to resolve this issue.
- Backup your data file.
- Export your your data to a QXF file.
- Choose File > Export > Export to QXF File...
- Choose a file name and location to save, then click Save.
- Once you have saved the data file, create a new Quicken Essentials data file to import your exported data.
- Click on File > New...
- Enter a name for your new data file and choose a location to save it, then click OK.
- Import your saved data (the QXF file you exported).
- Click on File > Import.
- Navigate to where you saved the file, choose it, then click Open. If you receive the same error message, ensure your user name and passwords associated with your financial accounts are accurate and try again.