Message Registering or Connecting to Financial Institution: Page Cannot Be Displayed...
Although this is not a Quicken-related problem, the "Page Cannot Be Displayed" message occurs if Quicken is not configured correctly to connect to the Internet, or your firewall settings are preventing Quicken from accessing the Internet.
Check the connection settings for Quicken:
- Click on Edit on the top menu bar, then choose Preferences, then Internet Connection Setup.
- Select Use my computer's Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet.
- After completing the setup routine, try to register Quicken.
If you continue to receive the error, you may need to go through connectivity troubleshooting or your firewall may need to be setup to allow unrestricted access to the Quicken program.
If you have personal firewall software (for example, Black Ice Defender®, Zone Alarm®, Norton Internet SecurityTM, or other firewall software), verify that the Quicken program (qw.exe) has full and unrestricted access to the Internet.
If you are using Windows XP with SP 2 or newer, you can check for a firewall on your system:
- On the Microsoft Windows taskbar, click Start, and choose Settings > Control Panel.
- Double-click Security Center. The Windows Security Center window displays information about any firewall that is enabled on the system.
For othere systems systems, choose Online menu > Quicken on the Web > Quicken.com. If the Web site is displayed properly, then a firewall is not blocking Quicken from accessing the Internet. If you receive a message that the page cannot be displayed or the action was canceled, there is likely a firewall blocking Quicken from accessing the Internet.
Note: Due to the wide variety of firewall software packages and configurations, it is not possible to provide instructions for how to verify that Quicken has unrestricted Internet access. Consult your software documentation or manufacturer for assistance with this matter.
In some rare instances, you might need to uninstall the firewall software for the Quicken program to access the Internet. Since this could create serious security risks, Intuit does not recommend that you to do this. Rather, we are making you aware that in some rare circumstances it may be necessary. If this is the case, consider investigating other firewall software or protective measures if you want to use the Quicken program's online features with some level of network and system protection.