Message: A scheduled update is currently running...
When attempting to open Quicken, you may receive the following message:
A scheduled update is currently running. Please wait until the process completes before launching Quicken.
Quicken must be closed for the scheduled update to run and cannot be opened until the update has completed. Wait for a few minutes before you try to open Quicken again.
If the message persists, reboot your system and attempt to open quicken again.
If you still receive the message you can turn off the Scheduled Update feature in Quicken. The information below is for Microsoft® Windows® XP. If you are using a different operating system, consult Windows Help for information on the Task Manager.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete on your keyboard and select Task Manager.
- Select the Processes tab.
- Select bagent.exe in the list.
- Click End Process, then click Yes or OK to the warning message.
- Open Quicken.
To permanently disable Scheduled Updates:
- From the top menu bar, select Tools (or Online) > Schedule Updates.
- Click day of the week to clear the check box.
- Once all days are unchecked, click OK.