Message: "Update not be applied, because some Quicken components not closed."
In order to apply the patch successfully, Quicken must be closed. If you receive a prompt when closing Quicken such as a reminder to back up your file or complete an online banking session, Quicken is not able to close due to the prompts. In most cases, the prompts appear behind the Quicken patch or program window and you cannot see them. The procedure below will resolve this issue for you.
- Click Cancel in the update window, and then close Quicken.
- Restart Quicken, and click Yes or Update Now on the update prompt.
If the error persists or you do not receive a prompt to update Quicken, these steps will resolve the issue.
- Visit the Quicken updates page and select your version of Quicken.
- Click manual update.
- Select the patch you want to apply and save the file to your computer when prompted.
- Reboot your computer.
- Double-click the patch file downloaded in step 3 to apply the patch.