Mobile Sync Message: Unable to Sync: This is not the same file as the one currently in the cloud.
After restoring a backup, Quicken 2013 will return the following message when performing a mobile sync:
To resolve this message, the older copy of the file you just restored must be sync'd to the cloud, replacing the data overwritten by the restore process:
- Go to Edit menu > Preferences > Mobile & Alerts.
- Click Unlink This Data File..
- Click the Unlink confirmation button.
- After the unlink is complete, click the blue Get Started button in the same Preferences window.
- Choose Sign-In With Existing Cloud ID.
- Enter the Cloud ID and password you've already used (the one that existed in the overwritten data file).
- Click the "Replace the accounts on Quicken Cloud..." button.
- Confirm the accounts you want to sync; this may be different than what is currently displayed, if you had changed this during your use in the prior version of the file.