Quicken gives you the ability to change the way you navigate through the program.
1. Choose Edit menu > Preferences.
2. In the left pane, click Navigation.
3. In the right pane, select the settings you want to use.
- Use Classic MenusWhen this box is checked, Quicken displays its full set of menus. These "Classic" menus include commands that display the tabbed centers, such as Bills menu > Go to Bills.
- Show TabsYou can choose to display, or not display, the row of tabs that runs across the top of the Quicken window (the Home tab, the Spending tab, and so on). If you choose not to show the tabs, you can use menu commands to go to the various areas in Quicken.
Instead of removing the entire row of tabs, you can select individual tabs to show or hide. To do so, choose View menu > Tabs to show.
- Show Account Bar• When this box is checked, Quicken displays the Account Bar, which makes it easy to switch between your various accounts.
• To display the Account Bar on the left or right side of the screen, choose On Left or On Right.
• To display cents in the balances of your accounts, choose Show cents in Account Bar balances.
• To show or hide the balances of your accounts entirely, right-click the Account Bar and choose Show amounts or Hide amounts.
• To change the type of balance displayed, right-click the Account Bar and choose Show Current Balance in bar or Show Ending Balance in bar. The ending balance is the balance of all transactions entered in the account register including postdated transactions. The current balance is the balance of all transactions entered as of today.
- Show Quicken ToolbarWhen this box is checked, Quicken displays the Quicken Toolbar below the menu bar.
- Dock Side Bar (for wide screens only)When this box is checked, Quicken docks the Side Bar on the right side of your screen. (For screens larger than 1400 x 1124)
4. Click OK to save your changes.