Not Able To Open Quicken On A Computer Running .NET Framework 4
This issue is caused by an incomplete or improper installation of the Microsoft .NET Framework 4. The .NET Framework is an integral part of the Windows operating systems today, and we rely on the stability of integral system components. To resolve this issue:
Cleanup the .Net Framework 4 installation, and reinstall it again
- Close all browser windows and programs.
- Download the .NET cleanup tool and save it on your desktop.
- Run the tool by double-clicking the download on your desktop.
- Restart your computer, and then install the .NET 4 from the Microsoft website
- Attempt to start Quicken again. If the issue continues, you should reinstall Quicken.
QUICKEN 2013 & OLDER: Reinstall .NET Framework 2.0 from the Microsoft website
If you are unable to repair .NET and reinstalling .NET 2.0 doesn't resolve the issue, then the best support for this key Windows component is provided by Microsoft.