Online Backup Error: LA2266: RestoreError
You may receive the following message when attempting to restore an online backup file:
- Unable to write to the file.
- Unable to overwrite an existing file.
- Decryption/decompression error (usually means corruption).
- In Windows XP: create a new folder and restore your data to that folder.
- In Windows Vista/7: Disable the UAC (User Account Controls), then restore your data file. Alternatively, you may create a temporary folder, setting the folder permissions so everyone can access it and then restore the data into that folder. Typically creating a folder on the desktop will accomplish the same thing. Ensure your backup restore destination is directed to the new restore folder.
Disable UAC in Windows Vista:
- Click on Start, then chooseControl Panel, and type in “UAC” into the search box. You will see a link for Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off.
- On the next screen you should uncheck the box Use User Account Control (UAC), and then click on OK.
- Reboot your computer for the changes take effect.
Disable UAC in Windows 7:
- Type "UAC" into the Start menu or Control Panel search box.
- Click on the link Change User Account Control settings.
- Drag the slider down to completely disable.
- Press OK.