Online Backup Error: LA4104: Invalid data format
When attempting to upload an online backup you may receive the following message:
Online Backup Error: LA4104: Invaliddataformat
There are a few reason why you might encounter this error:
- You are attempting to backup the same file from multiple computers using the same Online Backup Account ID.
Note:The Online Backup service is designed for use on the same computer that is used for backing up. Therefore, the Online Backup software cannot be installed and run on more than one machine simultaneously, using the same account number. A patented incremental backup technology improves the backup service by reducing the length of data transfer after the initial backup. If these data increments come from two separate sources simultaneously, the data is at risk of being corrupted.
- You have more than one Online Backup software versions installed on the system
- Bad Hardware, a damaged sector on the drive or a Windows update will cause the problem as well.
Check to ensure you do not have two versions of the Online Backup software installed, running on two separate computers. If there are two versions installed, uninstall both versions then reinstall only the Quicken branded software. This will guarantee you are using one version, without conflict.
- From the Microsoft Windows Start menu, select Programs > Quicken Online Backup > Uninstall
- Confirm you wish to uninstall the software.
- Restart the computer if requested to do so.
Reinstall the software.
Once the software is reinstalled attempt to create a manual backup:
- From the Microsoft Windows Start menu, select Programs > Quicken Online Backup > Online Backup
- Select the Backup icon from the upper left corner.
- Select the Start Backup button in the lower right corner.