Paying Margin Interest in Quicken for Mac
Use the Margin Interest Expense transaction type to record the interest amount that you paid for a security bought on margin.
To record margin interest expense
- Open the account you want to use.
- Click the New button from the toolbar.
- Select Margin Interest Expense from the Transaction Types list.
- Add the information for:
- Date - Enter the date when the margin interest expense was incurred.
- Payee/Description - Select the payee for the expenses. If the paye is not appearing in the list of securities, select Edit Securities to add the payee.
- Interest Paid - Enter the interest paid for the shares of the security bought.
- Memo - Enter the note you want to associate with the transaction.
- Tags - Enter the tags that you want to use while searching the transaction.
- To add an attachment to the transaction, select Attachments, click the Add attachment button, and select the file you want to attach to the transaction.
- Click Save when you are done.