Quicken 2013 Mobile Sync Reports CreateCategory Error
Quicken Desktop 2013 may report "CreateCategory" when setting up Mobile Sync the first time (during the Select Accounts phase) or when choosing to Edit Budget Sync Settings. This issue has been resolved by Release R3 (v. 22.214.171.124) Please make sure your Quicken 2013 program is on the latest release (R3 or later).
UPDATE (10/12/12): We have found another possible cause for this issue that is data-file specific and has a manual solution:
- Open your Category List (Ctrl + Shift + C).
- Make sure Show Hidden Categories is selected at the bottom of the window.
- Scroll through the list and look for any Category that has a blank Name field.
- Delete that (damaged) Category.
- Repeat as necessary to remove all damaged Categories from your List.
- Perform your Mobile Sync once this process is complete.
- NOTE: You may encounter a follow-up error reporting an exportBudget or createBudget error, if the damaged Categories were also used on any budgets in your file. These errors would have been caused by the damaged Category data that was originally sync'd. You may need to correct any old budgets, or choose to not sync budgets until you get a successful sync.