Quicken Canada: Unable to Update Transactions When Performing a One Step Update
When attempting to download transactions in Quicken for Windows Canada, the One Step Update Summary displays as completed successfully, but no new transactions appear.
The One Step Update Summary will also display a yellow triangle icon next to the affected accounts.
To resolve this issue
The affected accounts need to be re-established for download
- Click on the yellow triangle icon in the One Step Update Summary window.
- Select the Set up now button.
- Enter the login credentials for your financial institution.
- When Quicken has returned the list of accounts, change the drop-down menu to Link > Link to Existing Account and select the existing account name.
If you encounter duplicate transactions
If you have downloaded duplicate transactions after following the process above and need to delete them, follow the steps below.
Note: Multiple transactions can only be deleted simultaneously in the register. This process cannot be completed in the Compare to Register at the bottom of the Quicken window.
- Make a backup of your data file. This ensures that you have a "fallback" file you can use to get back to where you were when you started.
- Select the affected account to view the register.
- Click the first duplicate transaction to highlight it.
- While holding the Ctrl key on your keyboard, click each of the duplicate transactions in the register.
- Once all the duplicate transactions are selected, right-click on any one of them and select Delete.