Quicken Closes When Attempting to Print Checks
When you attempt to print checks in Quicken, the program may close without warning.
You may need to turn off printer spooling:
- In Quicken, select the File menu and select Printer Setup > For checks, reports or Invoices. (If the printer setup window does not open, information to resolve this issue is available on our support site.)
- Verify that the correct printer is selected.
- Make any necessary changes and click OK.
- Attempt to print. If you cannot print, proceed to the next step.
- Click the Microsoft® Windows® Start button and select Settings > Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click the printer selected in the Printer Setup dialog and select Properties.
- In the Properties window for your printer, look for a setting to print directly to printer or spool documents. The exact location of this setting varies by printer model and manufacturer.
- Make sure that you turn off spooling or choose to Print directly to printer.
- Click OK or Save to save your changes.
- Attempt to print.