Quicken Connect Error 1001
This error occurs when there are outdated login credentials stored in Quicken for Mac and/or the Keychain App. To resolve this condition for both possible causes:
- Open Quicken for Mac ;
- Go to the Accounts menu and choose "Hide and Show Accounts";
- Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in List;
- When complete, click the Settings button on each account with this FI;
- Under At Your Financial Institution section click on Troubleshooting.
- Click on Deactivate Downloads.
- Click Save.
- When finished with all accounts in your file that connect to this FI, Quit Quicken;
- Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
- Looking in Keychain = Login and Category = Password, find and Trash any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
- Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken;
- Select your primary account with this FI to re-link. Click on "Set up transaction download" in Settings.
- At the bottom of the window that lists the financial institutions, click the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon;
- When the list finishes Updating, it should display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue;
- Type the name of this financial institution and make the appropriate selection, then enter your login credentials and click Continue;
- When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have setup in Quicken.