Quicken Crashes or is Slow During a Mobile Sync in Quicken 2014
What is happening?
Quicken 2014 Sync to Mobile may cause one or more of the following conditions, if you’re syncing a file that has a large and/or complex budget added to the sync:
- Extremely slow performance, giving the appearance of program freezing
- COM error
- Program unexpectedly closes, with or without crash messaging
This is a known issue and will be resolved in a future release of the program. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
What do I do?
First, remove the budget from your mobile sync.
- Go to Mobile & Alerts.
- Select Change to the right of the selected budget.
- Choose Don't sync budget data, then click OK.
- When the cycling completes, choose Sync Now.
If that does not work for you, unlink your mobile account from Quicken, then relink it, to temporarily remove your budget from mobile sync.
- Select Edit menu > Preferences.
- Select Intuit ID, Mobile & Alerts in the left pane.
- Click Unlink your Cloud data in the right pane.
- An Unlinke Your Data window will open. Type in "yes" then click Unlink.
- Click Get Started, then Get Started again. Your Intuit ID and zip code will already be filled in.
- Click Next.
- Enter the passwords for your accounts you wish to sync. Click Next.
- By this stage your accounts will sync.
- When complete, click Done.