Removing Shares in Quicken for Mac
There are times when you want ti remove shares of a security from an account without affecting your cash balance. For example, you may transfer shares or give them to someone as a gift. These transactions are different from Sells, and you select Remove Shares as the transaction type.
To record buys
- Open the account you want to use.
- Click the New button from the toolbar.
- Select Remove Shares from the Transaction Types list.
- Add the information for:
- Date - Enter the date when the shares were removed from your account.
- Security - Select the security for which the shares are to be removed from your account.
- Shares Removed - Enter the number of shares to be removed.
- Memo - Enter the note you want to associate with the transaction.
- Tags - Enter the tags that you want to use while searching the transaction.
- To add an attachment to the transaction, select Attachments, click the Add attachment button, and select the file you want to attach to the transaction.
- Click Save when you are done.