Requesting a Password Hint or Temporary Password for Quicken Online Backup Service
The Quicken Online Backup service includes password protection, which is the key used to encrypt your data when you perform an online backup. The password associated with your Online Backup account also lets you update account information, reinstall the Online Backup client application, and perform a Web Restore to another computer.
- If you lose or forget your password, you can have your password hint sent to the email address you provided during registration.
- If you don't have a password hint associated with your account, or if the password hint doesn't help, request a temporary password.
To request a password hint:
- Go to the Account Information web page.
- Click the Forgot your account ID or password? link.
- Enter your Account ID, and then click Send Hint. The password hint you selected during registration will be sent to the email address associated with your Online Backup account.
Note: You may have to check your "junk mail" or other "spam" folder for your password hint email.
To request a temporary password:
If you don't have a password hint associated with your account, or if the password hint doesn’t help, you can request a temporary password.
- Go to the Password Reset web page.
- Enter your Account ID and then click Reset Password.
- After receiving the email that includes your temporary password, sign in to the Account Information web page and change the password to your desired password:
- Enter your Account ID and the temporary password, and then click Edit Account Info.
- Click Customer Profile.
- Enter your desired password in the Password and Confirmation password fields, and then click Save Changes.