Selling Securities in Quicken for Mac
Use the Sell transaction type to record shares sold. When you select this transaction type, this increases your cash balance by the total cost of the transaction.
To record sells
- Open the account you want to use.
- Click the New button from the toolbar.
- Select Sell from the Transaction Types list.
- Add the information for:
- Date - Enter the date of purchase. This is important if you want to track complete investment performance.
- Security - Select the security for which you are selling shares of.
- Total Sale - Enter the total amount received after selling the shares purchased commission amount.
- Number of Shares - Enter the number of shares sold.
- Commission - Enter the amount paid towards commission per share. Based on the amount entered as commission, price per share is adjusted.
- Memo - Enter the note you want to associate with the transaction.
- Tags - Enter the tags that you want to use while searching the transaction.
- To add an attachment to the transaction, select Attachments, click the Add attachment button, and select the file you want to attach to the transaction.
- Click Save when you are done.