Setup Quicken Mobile for Quicken 2014 for Windows
Complete these quick and easy steps to use the Quicken 2014 app
- In Quicken, click the Mobile & Alerts Tab.
- Click Get Started and follow the instructions.
- Download the Quicken 2014 app.
- Sign in to the Quicken 2014 app with your Intuit ID.
Read more on how to use the mobile app.
First, set up your Quicken desktop software
You'll need to create a Quicken Cloud ID, which will let your Quicken Mobile app talk directly with your Quicken desktop software. Once you have that setup, you'll choose which of your accounts to sync. To finish off, you'll customize your email and alert preferences.
- In your Quicken desktop software, select the Mobile & Alerts tab.
- Click Get Started.
- Create a Quicken ID. By default, we will use your Intuit ID. If it is not already entered, type in your zip code. Then click Next.
Your Quicken ID authenticates and protects your personal information and settings. It also identifies which mobile devices you want to sync with. When you download and install the Quicken app on your mobile device, enter the same Quicken ID you create here to establish the "sync link" between the desktop data file and the mobile device.
- Select the accounts you want to sync with your mobile device(s). Only spending accounts -- checking, savings, cash, and credit card -- can be synced with your mobile device. Investing account balances and transactions can't be synced at this time..
- Enter the password for each account.
Your account passwords may already be filled in (masked with asterisks), or not filled in at all. If you use the Password Vault to manage your passwords, click Fill from Password Vault; otherwise, enter the current password for each account, as necessary.
Accounts that aren't connected (enabled for transaction download) display the word manual in the Password column. You do not need to enter a password for these manual (not connected) accounts.
- Once the passwords are filled in, then click Next.
- By this point, your accounts will be synced. They are now accessible on your mobile device or tablet. If you need to install the Quicken Mobile App, there will be links to the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. Choose which one is appropriate for your device.
If you have new accounts, transactions, or budget data in your Quicken desktop software, the data will be transferred to any mobile device with which it shares the same Quicken ID; if you have new accounts or transactions in those same mobile devices, that data will now appear in your Quicken desktop software.
If this is the first time you've synced this data file, and if there is existing data on your mobile device(s) that share the same Quicken ID, the Quicken desktop software will ask you how you want to handle the situation: replace the data on your mobile device with the data in your desktop software, or create a new desktop software data file that contains the data in your mobile devices. You can also choose to do nothing if you want. The bottom line is that under no circumstance will you lose any of your existing Quicken desktop software data when you sync.
Next, get the Quicken app for your mobile device
If you didn't get a chance to download the app when you setup your Quicken desktop software, follow one of the links below, appropriate to your mobile device or tablet.
NOTE: Quicken 2014 mobile app only works with Quicken for Windows 2014
Finally, sync your Quicken desktop and mobile device
When you sync, you transfer your Quicken desktop data to and from your mobile devices.
Data moves in both directions—between your desktop and mobile device. Anywhere you have new data, Quicken figures out which device needs that data, and moves it where it needs to be. This includes additions and changes to the accounts you choose to sync, the transactions you download or enter manually, and the budget in your desktop software.
At the end of a sync everything will match: transactions, balances, and budget results, regardless of where you choose to view your data.
There is no need to sync one mobile device with another mobile device—only your Quicken desktop software needs to be synced with your mobile device(s).
- Within your desktop software, click the Mobile & Alerts tab.
- You may be asked to enter your Intuit ID and password.
- Click Sync Now at the top left.
Quicken displays a status message and syncs your desktop and mobile data.
Alternatively, if you use One Step Update, you can sync your desktop and mobile data as part of the update process.
Here's a tip
Make it a habit to sync your desktop and mobile devices just before exiting the Quicken desktop software. Doing so will ensure that you have the very latest data on your mobile devices.
Still have questions?
Check out our Quicken Mobile frequently asked questions.